We strive to build a network of resources to educate, support and improve individual and department level practices relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Not only do we hope to build and improve within but in doing so have made use of external resources and relationships to aid in the process. The list of resources below are some our department has used as tools/templates to build our knowledge and resources base. Not only will these resources educate but they also provide insight on how to create action items, strategic planning to develop a diverse, equitable, and inclusion program for all.
General External Resources
- Unlearning Racism In The Geosciences (URGE): Readings and interview material that inform participating members to have discussions relating to antiracism in the geosciences to then prepare deliverables for their own institutional/department needs.
- UGA Marine Sciences Pod; Pod Leader: Chandler Countryman (email@example.com)
- NSF: Strategies for developing a diversity program in geosciences
- Texas A&M diversity and inclusion action plan
- Iowa State diversity, equity and inclusion plan
- EGU #BlackInGeoScience blog
- Earth Science Women’s Network (ESWN) - has a list of resources to go through https://eswnonline.org/online/eswn-resources/
- LTER network diversity and inclusion committee resources - incredibly helpful, used as a model for our site https://lternet.edu/network-organization/diversity-resources/#inclusive-environment
- Combating Anti-Blackness and White Supremacy in Organizations: Reccomendations for Anti-Racist Actions in Mental Heathcare By Babe Kawaii - Bogue The full guide can be accessed by emailing AntiRacistActionGuide@gmail.com. This link directs you to a blog post for the guide because it can not be shared online in its entirety yet.
- Black in Marine Science: #BlackInMarineScience
- A WOC Space: provides resources and anti-racism training to facilitate better communication surrounding racism regarding women of color in the workplace
- Awakening Minds Consulting: provides conscious culture trainings centered on Anti-Racism, DEI, and mindfulness.