*Note that short-term reservations, such as local errands, may not be listed on this calendar.
At this time, please contact the Departmental Administrative Specialist for reservations.
The Marine Sciences Department has two vehicles available for official UGA purposes.
94319- Large Van (12- passenger)
Department Vehicle Policies & Procedures
- To use a vehicle, you must make a request to the Departmental Administrative Specialist, who handles the vehicle reservations and vehicle maintenance.
- You are responsible for the vehicle during the time you are using it.
- All trash must be removed from the vehicle, and the vehicle must be swept out if dirt has been tracked in.
- If seats have been removed for transporting purposes, they should be re-installed prior to returning keys.
- Do not return a vehicle with the gas tank below ½. If you are in the Athens area, you must re-fill the vehicle at the UGA Automotive Shop located on Riverbend Rd- otherwise use any gas station that accepts Wright Express (WEX) cards. Your pin # for the fuel card is part of your UGA ID (the six digits after 810 or 811).
- If you notice that something is wrong with the vehicle, please tell the Administrative Specialist when you return the vehicle.
- You must return the keys to Administrative Specialist immediately after using the vehicle.
- NO SMOKING IN UGA VEHICLES.
- No animals in UGA vehicles. Exception is allowed for service dogs.
- Only employees of the University of Georgia, students at UGA, or official guests at UGA may ride in university vehicles.
- Vehicles may only be used for official university business.
- Vehicles may not be used for any personal business and may not be taken to your home and left there overnight without prior approval from the department head.
- The department will maintain the vehicles. The department will provide fuel for departmental vehicles for local errands, course fieldtrips, and administrative traveling. However, laboratories that use departmental vehicles for research purposes (traveling outside of the Athens area), will be billed per day and per mile for use of the vehicle. See the link below for the required form for using the departmental vehicles for research purposes.
Business Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org